Biology: Basics of Life & Its Impact on Its Environment
High School biology will teach students about the basics of life while also challenging high school student to complete labs, record findings, and walk through the scientific process from start to finish.
Students should gain real-life science experience with nature studies, dissections, and microscopic slide kits. Some of the learning objectives you set can look something like this:
- Accurately explain the characteristics of living things.
- Describe the energy flow between organisms in an ecosystem.
- Define the human impact on the environment.
- Recognizes the scientific difference between living and nonliving things.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of DNA and genetics.
- Understands the differences in blood types.
- Knows how to conduct a dissection.
- Understands the molecular basis of heredity.
- Understand and describe the fossil record.